Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Fun

My love for fall began this year as the pumpkins we planted started to grow, take over our backyard, then turn orange.  I was so excited to have pumpkins to decorate with and share with family and friends.  We are guessing that we produced 50-75 pumpkins. Knowing my love for pumpkins, Russ bought us a gigantic pumpkin that Kyra loves to climb all over.  Yesterday, we decided to spend the afternoon carving pumpkins.  I love to carve pumpkins and can't wait to buy the new designs every year from Walmart.  I think my mother deprived me of carving pumpkins, which is why I love it so much now.  Kyra enjoyed it for quite awhile.  For one of the pumpkins, we told her to make a face and we would carve the pumpkin like her face. She got bored after awhile and decided she would rather watch a movie.  She loved it when we lit them!  It has been a good weekend of fun and relaxation.


Kyra and the big big pumpkin

A cut picture of mom, Kyra, and Tenley

Cleaning out the pumpkins



Kyra deciding a movie would be more fun

Our finished products

No comments:

Post a Comment